Welcome to BioReference Laboratories – offering healthcare providers a single source for all their laboratory testing needs in both the primary and specialty health care segments.
BioReference Laboratories is a wholly owned subsidiary of OPKO Health, Inc., a multi-national pharmaceutical and diagnostic company. OPKO Health, Inc. works to establish industry-leading positions in medical markets through discovery, development, and commercialization expertise and through novel technologies. OPKO’s offerings include point-of-care diagnostics, novel molecular diagnostics, and proprietary pharmaceuticals and vaccines.
BioReference is the third largest full service clinical diagnostic laboratory in the U.S. providing testing and related services to physician offices, clinics, hospitals, long term care facilities, employers, governmental units and correctional institutions. We offer a comprehensive test list focusing on molecular diagnostics, anatomical pathology, genetics, and women’s health. Moreover, through its GeneDx subsidiary, BioReference has an international presence in more than 50 countries around the world.
Our client retention is unparalleled in the industry because we are much more than just the provider of quality diagnostics. We have grown primarily as a result of our differentiating business model which is both physician-centric – providing superior service and support – and clinically relevant – providing innovative and disruptive technology to improve patient outcomes. What makes us different from other labs is the added value we bring through personal attention and professional support and the effort we make to understand our clients’ needs. Our success comes from helping clinicians deliver premium services to the patients in their care – through a full menu of cost–conscious testing options and cutting edge technologies with clinically–relevant results, all in a medically and fiscally responsible manner.
In addition, BioReference has pioneered the development of business solutions for our clients, providing data and analytics to help them operate at their fullest potential.
The Laboratory services multiple markets through several specialized business units, each with its own dedicated sales team and highly-trained support personnel. These include women’s health, oncology, genetics and a lab division focused exclusively on the nation’s expanding Spanish-speaking populations.
To learn more about our parent company, please visit www.OPKO.com
Facts about BioReference:
- Since 1981, the company has earned a reputation for extraordinary growth, enjoying nearly 20% compound annual growth over the past 22 years.
- We are contracted with virtually all national health plans (UHC, Cigna, Aetna, Humana, Coventry and most Blues Plans)
- BioReference currently has laboratory locations in nine states: New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Ohio, Florida, Texas and California.
- The company processed more than 9 million laboratory test requisitions in 2014 and this volume continues to grow at double digit rates.
- Our medical staff is comprised of more than 160 MD, PhD, or other Professional level clinicians and scientists with expertise across all fields including Pathology, Cytogenetics, Coagulation, Genetics, and R&D.
- We have an extensive network of more than 182 patient service centers for collection of patient specimens.
- BioReference employs more than 5000 people working together to support the needs of our clients and their patients.
Click here to view the company timeline.
BioReference is fully licensed and accredited by The College of American Pathologists (CAP).