Adults exhibiting symptoms eligible for diagnostic screening at no cost
CAMP HILL, Pa. (April 28, 2020) – Rite Aid (NYSE: RAD) has expanded COVID-19 testing criteria to include all individuals 18 and older exhibiting any of the following symptoms: fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell.
Rite Aid currently offers self-swab testing sites at 25 store locations across eight states through its partnership with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
“From the beginning of this crisis we made it our mission to support our communities and associates, and to move as quickly as we can to provide solutions. I’m incredibly proud of our pharmacy teams – it’s their hard work that has allowed Rite Aid to ramp up testing so quickly, and enables us to expand testing criteria to include all adults exhibiting symptoms,” said Heyward Donigan, president and chief executive officer, Rite Aid.
All of Rite Aid’s 25 self-testing sites are open from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. seven days a week and each site has the capacity to conduct approximately 400 tests daily through online appointments.
“More than fifty percent of our locations have a drive thru and all Rite Aid pharmacists know how to order and administer tests. We are committed to providing more access to COVID-19 self-testing sites and will continue working closely with HHS to explore how we can use our retail locations and expertise to further expand access, testing sites and forms of testing throughout the communities we serve,” added Donigan.
All Rite Aid drive-up COVID-19 self-testing sites utilize self-swab nasal tests overseen by Rite Aid pharmacists. Testing sites are located in store parking lots, and patients are required to remain in their vehicles from the time they arrive until the time they depart.
Patients are required to provide government issued identification, be at least 18 years old and need to pre-register online at www.riteaid.com in order to schedule a time slot for testing. An email address is required as part of the pre-registration process. The patient does not need to bring a prescription or lab order in order to be tested, since the lab order is part of the on-site process.
Rite Aid has partnered with Verily and will use its Baseline COVID-19 Program to provide screening, scheduling, and return of results to participants at Rite Aid testing sites.
Rite Aid also selected BioReference Laboratories to provide COVID-19 laboratory testing to all drive-up locations with the goal of flattening the curve through accessible diagnostic testing.
Clinical oversight for the COVID-19 testing program is provided by PWNHealth, a national clinician network that enables safe and easy access to diagnostic testing.
Rite Aid COVID-19 testing sites are available at the following Rite Aid locations:
• Dover, DE: 200 Pharmacy Drive in Smyrna
• Boise, ID: 3250 S. Eagle Road in Meridian
• Detroit, MI.: 46977 Romeo Plank Road in Macomb
• Flint, MI: 9090 Miller Road in Swartz Creek
• Grand Rapids, MI: 5995 Kalamazoo Avenue, SE in Kentwood
• Lansing, MI : 715 South Main Street in Eaton Rapids
• Saginaw, MI: 4598 State Street in Saginaw
• Central N.J.: 31 Mule Road in Toms River
• South N.J.: 501 Clements Bridge Road in Barrington
• Waldwick, N.J.: 60 Franklin Turnpike in Waldwick
• Albany, N.Y.: 1863 Central Avenue in Colonie
• Utica, N.Y.: 4854 Commercial Drive in New Hartford
• Valley Cottage, N.Y.: 133 Route 303 in Valley Cottage
• Akron, OH: 4053 South Main Street in Akron
• Cleveland, OH: 5795 State Road in Parma
• Toledo, OH: 7225 Airport Highway in Holland
• Youngstown, OH: 713 North State Street in Girard
• Central PA: 115 Leader Heights Road in York
• Erie, PA: 5430 Peach Street in Erie
• Harrisburg, PA: 2604 Linglestown Road in Harrisburg
• Northeastern PA: 20 South River Street in Plains
• Philadelphia, PA: 7401 Ogontz Ave., in Philadelphia, PA
• Pittsburgh, PA: 4111 William Penn Highway in Monroeville
• Virginia Beach, VA: 2293 Upton Drive in Virginia Beach
• Richmond, VA: 3210 Boulevard in Colonial Heights
About Rite Aid Corporation
Rite Aid Corporation is on the front lines of delivering healthcare services and retail products to more than 1.6 million Americans daily. Our pharmacists are uniquely positioned to engage with customers and improve their health outcomes. We provide an array of whole being health products and services for the entire family through over 2,400 retail pharmacy locations across 18 states. Through EnvisionRxOptions, we provide pharmacy benefits and services to approximately 4 million members nationwide. For more information, www.riteaid.com.
Click here for original post on Rite Aid