It is Medical Laboratory Professionals Week – the annual celebration of pathologists and the medical laboratory professionals who play a vital role in health care and patient advocacy. These past 14 months, in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, laboratory professionals around the world have been working extremely hard and deserve special recognition.
At BioReference Laboratories and GeneDx, we have witnessed a new level of courage and commitment by our laboratory and front-line employees throughout the pandemic. With respect to our industry’s expertise in diagnostics and genetic testing, we call this level of commitment – rare dedication.
Celebrating our Laboratory Heroes!
Now more than ever, we are grateful to all laboratory professionals who have made the ultimate sacrifice of working endless hours during the height of the pandemic. Safety guidelines limit us from celebrating as we have done in the past, but we can all do our part to acknowledge our industry’s heroes by thanking them for going above and beyond their call of duty.
At BioReference, we celebrate our employees by highlighting some of our MVPs who exemplify our rare dedication. This week, we are pleased to celebrate all our industry heroes who are working around the clock and exhibiting the type of rare dedication that is needed to help put an end to the COVID-19 crisis.
What is Medical Laboratory Professionals Week?
Laboratory professionals play a critical role in the diagnostics testing they perform every day. A collaborative committee of 17 medical organizations help coordinate the celebration to increase public understanding of and appreciation for clinical laboratory personnel.
This week and always, we thank you for your hard work and commitment to our industry.
Meet the Organizations Responsible for Laboratory Week:
- American Association of Blood Banks (AABB)
- American Association for Clinical Chemistry (AACC)
- American Association of Pathologists’ Assistants (AAPA)
- Association of Genetic Technologists (AGT)
- American Medical Technologists (AMT)
- Association for Molecular Pathology (AMP)
- American Society of Cytopathology (ASC)
- American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science (ASCLS)
- American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP)
- American Society for Cytotechnology (ASCT)
- American Society for Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics (ASHI)
- American Society for Microbiology (ASM)
- Association of Public Health Laboratories (APHL)
- Clinical Laboratory Management Association (CLMA)
- Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI)
- College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- National Society for Histotechnology (NSH)