The world of healthcare is always evolving, especially when it comes to digital health. Today, consumers want more options for staying on top of their health, and with the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, they have a strong need for more on-demand options.
Life has changed in many ways over the last year with a number of new challenges surfacing.
- The corporate workforce is trying to maintain work/life balance, while employees work from home
- Parents are dealing with household tasks and long to-do lists. while also juggling careers and remote learning for children
- With varying levels of comfort around the COVID-19 pandemic, some people feel safer at home and want to minimize risk to exposure
Through the pandemic, we have seen a rise in consumer home-ordering services and telehealth solutions, and earlier this year, BioReference Laboratories launched Scarlet Health®, an on-demand option for patients to complete laboratory requests at home (“Scarlet”). Now there is an exciting new update to Scarlet that is going to help even more people better manage their health.
We are pleased to share that you are now able to choose Scarlet for blood draws and other specimen collection needs, as long as you have a laboratory test order or requisition from a licensed healthcare provider. With Scarlet, you can complete these laboratory test orders from the comfort of your home.
To use Scarlet, the process is simple:
- Visit scarlethealth.com
- Upload your laboratory test requisition or digital order
- Select the dates and times that work best
- Wait for the confirmation message with appointment time and other information
- When confirmed, you will be assigned a Scarlet Health Professional who will call before the appointment with important information, as well as be in touch on the day of the appointment
- You can track the route of the Scarlet Health Professional, similar to other on-demand delivery services, so that you can prepare for your appointment
- The Scarlet Health Professional will collect the specimen and deliver it to a BioReference laboratory for testing
Whether you are physically unable to leave home, too busy juggling hectic schedules, or just aren’t comfortable leaving home, Scarlet is there to help check one more item off your to-do list.
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues evolving, and the Delta variant picks up pace, Scarlet is a great option for people who would prefer to minimize trips outside. To learn more visit https://www.scarlethealth.com/